In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald's® history. In 1967, the first McDonald's Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and we've been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonald's Canada is proud to be one of the world's leading foodservice retailers. From coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day. We're also more than just your local restaurant. We're hardworking small-business men and women, students working part-time, seniors getting the most out of life, and volunteers lending time to make a difference in the communities we live and work in. Job DescriptionYOUR JOB
- Making people's day on all fronts: Greeting people, taking orders and satisfying McCravings.
- Preparing food and keeping our world famous burgers and fries, world famous.
- Processing payments. Working cash, working your smile.
- Package take-out food. But no sneaking fries...we know they're everybody's favourite!
- Fridge management. Okay, it's stocking the fridge, but it's really important when you serve the world's most popular burger.
- Ability to smile through out the day!
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, we stand on our feet all shift and move around a lot! (Don't worry, there is a break in there too when you can sit and relax)
- Ability to work well as a team, or on your own, and alife longlearner who loves a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, as we have lots to do and sometimes it all needs to be done at the same time :)
- Flexible shifts: we are looking for afterschool, evenings, weekends and are even looking for WEEKEND ONLY!! You can work as little as 6 hrs to 30 hrs weekly and we have a spot for you!
- Free uniforms: Made for YOU
- Perks and Benefits: treat days, employee recognition program, meal discounts, and many more
- Advancement Opportunities: we BELIEVE in the power of youth and we strive to encourage leadership and growth; we have several leadership roles that crew of all ages can work towards including crew trainers, team leaders, shift leaders.
- Scholarships: we offer a local scholarship program as well as if employed with us you can apply for Canada Wide programs within McDonald's of Canada.
- Career Development
- Paid Training
- Crew Outings and Events
- Community Involved Employer!!We believe in the importance of community involvement and as a crew member we offer you the opportunity at times to be directly involved. Some past events are McHappy Day, Toy Drive/Parade, Coffee or Thank you Drop Off Breaks, International Women's Day, to name a few.