Equipment Engineering Specialist
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity: Equipment Engineering Specialist
Rogers is seeking an Equipment Engineering Specialist reporting to the Manger, Equipment Engineering and deployment, Atlantic Region. This position is preferably based out of one of our major cities in Atlantic Canada, Moncton, Fredericton or Saint John NB, Halifax Nova Scotia or St. John's, NL. The specialist will be accountable for the Access Network Equipment Engineering detailed designs for all moves/adds/changes to support capital build programs for all new and existing cellular sites. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and technical acumen to drive results and can lead through influence, build strong relationships, and work collaboratively with all levels of the organization. Key Responsibilities
• Pre-engineering for space, power, battery backup, cabling scenario, breakers & fibers panel requirements.
• Prepare and issue Installation Work Orders to install, power-up and connect all equipment at remote base station facilities.
• Hardware forecasts, requisitions and inventory management for base station equipment
• Prepare, issue Provisioning Workorders detailing logical transmission assignments to provide Layer 1,2,3 connectivity from Wireless core nodes to remote Wireless base stations.
• Maintain up-to-date database engineering records and approve field modifications to ensure design documentation is current and reflects network image
• Support network implementation, IPRAN OPS-TAC and field operations groups during project execution to ensure integration of optimal design with minimal customer impact
• Provide SAR on request from 3rd party group. (NOC, Wireline fiber, OPE, ETAC, IPRAN...)
• Manage TND/HLD and IP address assignment for base stations and IP routers.
• Follow up and support SOW outsources on Workorders production.
• Evaluate space & power request for 3rd party equipment installation in Wireless cell sites.
• In design cost request (DCR),
- Obtain preliminary design scenario and requirements from Access planning, Transport planning, RF Engineering
- Evaluate and compare proposed locations for space, power supply, battery backup requirement and expandability.
- Prepare and submit completed cost estimate form to requestor PM.
Leadership Attributes & Other Critical Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Network Wireless Engineering role
- Post Secondary education in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Strong understanding of Telecommunication Engineering Concepts for Wireless cell sites.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and build alignment around what has been prioritized
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting decision making skills
- Superior communication (written and verbal), negotiation and facilitation skills with various audiences.
- Must have the ability to resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and align teams consistently and collaboratively.
- Cisco Certificate an asset (CCNA, CCNP etc.)
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making, and execution are critical to organizational success.
- Ability to execute against multiple projects; results-oriented work environment.
- Supports and strengthens the corporate brand and company culture.
- Process oriented problem solver who is able to take high level concepts and ideas and create a story that can connect the business case to the technical work and is able to articulate the benefits and cost effectively.
- Brings a high degree of initiative, is able to work in an ever-changing environment, and is able to manage ambiguity and relentless focus on prioritizing and balancing multiple stakeholder goals.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 377 York Street (169), Fredericton, NB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 262962
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what's right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes:Digital & Technology
Fredericton, NB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Network, Cisco, Technology, Engineering