240 Madawaska Ch, Grand Falls, New Brunswick, E3Y1A5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. Why is this role important?
The Registered Dietitian will interact with customers and the community at multiple store locations (time allocation at stores varies depending on customer needs) to both
promote and provide nutrition & health education.
This role will support two locations, full time, at 40 hours a week:
What You'll Do:
- Edmundston Superstore: 577 Victoria Street, Edmundston,
- Grand Falls Superstore: 240 Madawaska Road. Grand Falls
- Woodstock Superstore: 350 Connell Street, Woodstock
What You'll Need:
- Deliver customer centric education through a wide variety of activities including on-floor interactions, group store tours/events, one-on-one consultations and cooking classes. Fees are associated with most activities.
- Daily work to grow and maintain programs and services to align with sales goals. This often involves making the first step in making and building connections internally and externally.
- Be the Wellness Champion and take responsibility of all wellness programs in store, including working with store management to engage colleagues to execute the programs.
- Partner with store departments/services that affect health promotion (i.e. pharmacy, medical clinics, cooking school, natural value, fitness center).
- Support the growth and development of regional peers and national program.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Increase customer loyalty and healthier choice basket size.
How You'll Succeed:
- Registered Dietitian designation and membership with provincial colleague (in good standing).
- Professional liability insurance.
- Business acumen and sales experience is an asset.
- Social media experience and knowledge is an asset.
- Experience in giving presentations and speaking to the public about health.
- Able to work with a multi-dimensional health team, including traditional and non-traditional medical practitioners.
- Exceptional collaboration and team building skills to build relationships with store colleagues and community partners to drive programs and services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with food preparation, food service, retail or food industry an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours, including at minimum two evenings per week and two weekends per month.
- Knowledge of health food products and supplements an asset.
- Ability to stand/talk for prolonged periods of time.
- Bilingual proficiency in French is mandatory for both written and verbal
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us. Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.