Permanent Reference code
:102862 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard; Burlington; Bécancour; Calgary; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton; Farnham; Fredericton; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata; Kitchener; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization. By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.What will your typical day look like?
As a Privacy Consultant, you are part of the Cyber Risk Advisory team. You will be involved in privacy issues regarding the collection and use of personal information, privacy program management, privacy policies and procedures, Privacy-by-Design, cross-border privacy issues, data security and Privacy Enhancing Technologies, to name but a few!
Work you will be involved in will include:
About the team
- Conducting privacy assessments;
- Providingour clients with practical and meaningful advice on matters related to privacy and the protection of personal information;
- Helping clients identify privacy-related, legal or business risks and assist them in the implementation of the appropriate organizational and technical safeguards;
- Planning and execute a pragmatic privacy approach to make privacy work within our clients' business operations;
- Advisingon the technical aspects of privacy or other IT legal issues and look for compliant but workable solution;
- Assisting indrafting eminence materials to demonstrate Deloitte's expertise in the field;
- Tracking and understand the fast-paced developments in the privacy landscape (e.g., the CPPA) and technology changes (e.g., recent developments around third party cookies) and what this will mean for our clients and the market;
- Advisingour clients on both legal, organizational and technical challenges related to privacy;
- Working with our data protection specialists to advise on security of personal information;
- Supporting project management;
- Maintaining customer relationships and assist with important business development activities.
While becoming proficient in Deloitte methodologies, you'll acquire deeper knowledge of the legal and technical aspects of privacy and security. You will take more responsibility and have the chance to coach more junior staff. As you become proficient in combining these various skillsets, you'll have the possibility to turn your innovative ideas to implementation.
You willgrow through internal and external training programs and intensive on-the-job coaching as you work with top specialists who will share their experience and coach you. Lastly, you will have access to the Deloitte University, and work with a global network of privacy professionals who will influence and inspire the way that you work with your clients and with your team.Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our shared values
- Have passionabout privacy, and the intersection of privacy law and technology
- Enjoy collaborating closely with clients daily and supporting their business growth
- Embrace and adapt well to ever-changing circumstance
- Have a university degree -this can either be a legal or technical degree such as, but not limited to: IP/IT Law, Information law, Technology Law, Computer Science, Information Studies, or other related discipline
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;French is also an asset
- Customer-oriented attitude, a proactive approach, and are perfectly able to operate both independently and in a team
- Pragmatic and able to balance multiple simultaneous engagements
- Capable of completing projects under time pressure and you have the ambition to develop yourself
- CIPP certified (Canada / US / EU / APAC) is an asset
- Solid experience with working with digital marketing teams to embed privacy best practices
- Understanding of Canadian marketing consent requirements (global requirements would be ideal)
- Deep interest in privacy and data ethics
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence systems and ethics concerns and strategies for the same
- Experience in implementing privacy by design into AI systems
- Experience in working with privacy program management technologies (e.g., OneTrust, WireWheel)
- Interest and understanding of privacy enhancing technologies (data loss prevention, encryption, data discovery and mapping tools)
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Equity, Program Manager, Developer, Marketing Consultant, Finance, Management, Technology, Marketing
Management and Executive