At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity: Fibre/Construction Technician Responsibilities:
- Install all associated hybrid fibre-coax cable in construction/implementation projects.
- Install and activate RF equipment on coax plant.
- Perform network fibre splicing and certification, as well as circuit testing.
- Install optical equipment such as LCP cabinets, LCP splitters, and field deployed OLTs for the FTTH network.
- Validate quality of coax and fibre construction work to meet Rogers' technical standards.
- Collect and turn in "as-built" information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of quality, ensuring that all Rogers technical, construction, and safety standards/policies are strictly adhered to.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policies.
- Recognize and identify potential problems while offering viable solutions.
- Escalate problems which could impact the completion of project deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and ability to work in a team environment with fellow employees and contractors across different departments.
- Liaise with contractor crews to establish work plans and validation.
- On-call for fibre related outages.
- Post-secondary education in Electronics Engineering Technology diploma or 5 years' experience in the field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the CATV network.
- Fibre optic experience preferred.
- Familiarity with CSA and utility specifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Organized, self-motivated, and effective communication skills.
- Possess a valid class 5 licence with air brake endorsement or be willing to get the air brake endorsement within a 30-60-day timeframe after date of hire.
- Willing and able to climb poles with spurs and body belt.
- Able to lift equipment weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must live in the greater Moncton area or be willing to relocate.
- Willing and able to work in a 3-men crew environment and share day-to-day duties equally.
- Willing and able to work all hours, including the maintenance window.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 90 Driscoll Crescent (172), Moncton, NB
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 276353
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what's right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes:Digital & Technology
Moncton, NB, CA Bathurst, NB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Electronics Engineer, Technician, Construction, Network, Telecom, Engineering, Technology
Engineering Information Technology