Full remote permanent Cloud and Security Manager role with a healthcare technology organization helping to improve patient care in BC
- Permanent Cloud and Security Manager role
- Full remote work environment
- Healthcare technology organization helping patients in BC
What & Why:
As a result of internal growth our client is looking to add a Hosting & Security Manager to their distributed team. Your main responsibilities are to oversee the technical infrastructure for the cloud-based analytics solution. You will report to the Product Director, and working with the development team, security consultants and other service providers, you will have the opportunity to lead the management, security and optimization of the technical infrastructure. They are currently leveraging a number of consultants to support their infra and this role will be focused on bringing back tech in-house. For the first while you will be focused on shadowing and understanding the environment and then beginning to transition it in house. Ideally you have experience bringing projects through to completion and have some leadership experience. This is a great role for someone who has progressed in the infrastructure space and is looking for a management position
Our client has been entirely remote since their inception in 2016. They were founded with the goal of improving patient care in BC. They have a great package and are working daily with inspiring leaders in the healthcare industry.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT systems, 2 in cloud environments.
- Experience managing AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, CloudFormation etc.)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in administration of (MySQL, Postgres, ElasticSearch)
- Knowledgeable of configuration management frameworks such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- AWS Certifications preferred but not required
- Developing Policies and procedures for Security, Information Asset Management, Business Continuity.
- Experience with the ISO and SOC II certification process.
- Understanding BC’s health care environment and patient and provider confidentiality, security and privacy context requirements an asset.
- Previous experience working in the health sector and working directly with physicians would be an asset.
- Previous experience in a virtual team environment.
- Degree in computer science, business analysis or other computing certification.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology