"We care about the work we do-and we're looking for new colleagues who do, too." The company:
Blue cross Life Insurance company of canada is a federally licensed company that distributes its products through a network of Blue cross Plans. The company provides a complete offering of life and disability income insurance products that supplement and enhance the portfolio of health products distributed by its shareholder Blue cross Plans.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a challenging, fast-paced and team-oriented work environment with a smaller organization of national reach and presence, the career you have been looking for may be waiting for you at Blue cross Life. You will be interacting with a team of like-minded individuals who are supportive and driven to create results. The Opportunity:
Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will play a significant role in ensuring the investment of the company are compliant with the Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures and meet the performance objectives. You will work closely with members of the Actuarial and Finance teams. Key Responsibilities:
- calculating investment returns for Blue cross Life's investment accounts and comparing them to benchmarks;
- Annual review of the Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures;
- Monitoring compliance with Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures;
- Interacting with investment managers;
- Maintaining and enhancing the system used to track the investments;
- Analysing new investment products and assessing the suitability for BcL's investment portfolios;
- calculating interest rate scenarios;
- Monitoring the matching position of the insurance portfolios;
- Developing and monitoring new investment metrics;
- Producing reports for BcL's Investment committee; and
- Gathering and preparing data needed to complete the various projects assigned to the Investment team.
education : University degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Actuarial Sciences is required.
Work experience : The ideal candidate has a passion for investments, has good knowledge of investment accounting principles, has experience in calculating investment returns, and has extensive knowledge of excel.
computer Skills : Superior knowledge of excel and Visual basic. Other Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Self-directed with high levels of personal accountability and responsibility;
- excellent reasoning, judgment and decision-making abilities;
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail;
- excellent Time-management skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment involving multiple tasks and priorities; and
- High learning agility and technical aptitude
computer Skills : Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically excel and Word.
Language Skills : english, French would be considered an asset
If you are interested in working with a team of professionals in a challenging role and you possess the necessary qualifications, please follow the instructions for applying online via the Medavie Blue cross corporate website by clicking on the link below. canadian citizenship - Please indicate in your application the reason you are entitled to work in canada: canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. Reliability screening will be required. Blue cross Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: August 16, 2017
Closes:September 22, 2017