You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The Opportunity
Working in a centralized Delivery Centre assisting partners in the initiation, preparation and issuing of billings to the firm's clients. Proactively initiate the preparation of billings to ensure all services are billed on a timely basis and that the investment in client work in progress is kept to a minimum. The role will be the single point of contact for all billing related matters for the assigned Partners and their Engagement Teams What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Review engagement letters to assess billing impacts, including identification of billing schedule, terms, etc.
- Forward request for recurring engagement numbers to the Processing Centre
- Propose and finalize billing schedules with engagement Partner; setup and maintain schedules in IBS
- Review and edit scheduled draft bills automatically released within IBS and obtain approval for bill issuance
- Regularly review engagements with engagement Partner, proposing those to be billed and determine if ERP changes or closeouts are required
- Forward ERP changes and closeouts to the Processing Centre
- Draft bills for review by the engagement Partner
- Finalize and approve bills within IBS for Partners that have delegated this task to the Billing Specialist
- Review ERP gain/loss during billing process and notify engagement Partner of any risks/issues related to ERP
- Track all bills sent for review or approval to ensure reasonable turnaround time
- Process bill adjustments (credit notes and bill reversals) based on consultations with or instructions from the engagement Partner
- Act as the main contact for Partners, client service staff and admin assistants on all billing-related matters
- Respond to and resolve billing queries or issues on a day-to-day basis
- Proactively recommend changes in billing processes and procedures to make them more efficient and effective
- Collaborate with peers on workload in Delivery Centre team to ensure consistency and identification of issues, trends or areas that can be optimized
- Using HANA; preparation of various engagement related reports as requested from Partners and client service staff
- Where required; issue invitations to direct reports clients advising of AR platform, VersaPay and set up of same
- Oversee client set-up in VersaPay to insure proper flow of payments within the system to KPMG
- College diploma; finance/accounting diploma preferred
- 3 years' experience working within a Finance function
- Experience/expertise with a large enterprise resource planning system billing and reporting module, preferably SAP based, in a professional services environment
- Knowledge of financial impacts of invoicing (including credit notes and bill reversals), ERP changes and closeouts
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills: ability to work with complex Excel templates and upload data from enterprise resource planning systems' billing and reporting modules
- Proactive, self-starter that strives for quality and excellence
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to meet set deadlines
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.