Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
At Tangerine, our purpose is to deliver best in class banking solutions to Canadians. We take a hands-on approach to challenges and always seek out opportunities to improve. Building a career at Tangerine is more than just a job; we are committed to making a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Who said that you have to hide your personality to deliver business results? We certainly do not, and that is what has made Tangerine a success. Come be a part of our collaborative, energetic and passionate client-centric team and continue to drive Forward Banking solutions for all Canadians. Role Purpose:
Leads and oversees Service & Sales in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Is this Role right for You?
Skills you need to Succeed?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen Client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Lead a team of 15-20 Agents to achieve/exceed sales and customer satisfaction results to provide an outstanding Client and visitor experience
- Responsible for the development, coaching and performance management of Associates within the team specific to these areas: Sales, productivity and overall customer experience
- Provide Sales forecasts to the Leadership Team that have an accuracy -/+ 10%, based on monthly goals
- Utilize Quality Monitoring techniques and any supporting data to coach and support excellent Associate performance and assist in the ongoing needs analysis of the development of Associates
- Support team by way of technical and procedural knowledge as well as the handling of escalations and customer complaints
- Motivate team and inspire the team to provide an exciting, educational and rewarding work environment
- Work closely with peers and other service center groups to effect changes and enhancements in a seamless manner and to ensure consistency of message across all teams
- Manage individual team and shared team budget components
- Responsible for leadership and stewardship of Tangerine policies and goals and adherence to the same
- Spend a minimum of 1.0 hour each month taking calls for the purpose of staying close to Client feedback
- Collaborate with Workforce Management to ensure service levels are achieved
- Ensure awareness and compliance to the Business Continuity Planning (BCP) procedures
- Share the Management On Duty (MOD) responsibility with the peer group and provide floor support when necessary
- Hire and terminate Associates, as required
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
What's in it for you.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of work related experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
- Banking, Canadian Securities and/or Investment Funds in Canada courses is an asset
- Knowledge of Tangerine products, systems, policies and procedures is an asset
- Positive approach to change and personal development
- Demonstrated performance as a role model for Senior Associate level
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required
- Excellent analytic, organization and problem resolution skills
- Proficiency in PC software - MS Office Suite
- Proven ability to motivate and build high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to use tools and techniques to effectively support departmental initiatives
- Ability to resolve customer issues with a focus on improving overall customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Manager, Finance, Bilingual, Customer Service, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance