Co-op/Intern Reference code:
99243 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Kitchener; Brossard; Burlington; Calgary; Edmonton; Fredericton; Halifax; Laval; Moncton; Montreal; Ottawa; Quebec City; Regina; Saint John; Saskatoon; St. John's; Toronto; Vancouver; Vaughan; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Are you a current student looking to pursue a 12-16month Internship? At Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, in different industry sectors, while leveraging a diverse and powerful network to solve our clients' most pressing concerns and complex challenges. In this role you will:
What will your typical day look like?
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems in accessing government incentives, specifically the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit program.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office (currently remote and in person when safe to do so).
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Our clients range from technology startups to large Canadian and global companies. As a Gi3 technology professional at Deloitte, you will:
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to assess our client's technology projects in relation to the eligibility criteria for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credits;
- Be technically curious and interested in new emerging technological developments of all kinds, by keeping current with innovative developments in the area of your technical focus;
- Communicate directly and indirectly with our clients to understand their technology, products, and operations to determine which of their activities qualify for SR&ED and other government incentives;
- Communicate through technical project reports how the client's research and development activities meet the eligibility requirements of the SR&ED program and various incentive programs;
- Assist our clients in compiling their available documentation as supporting evidence for their SR&ED and government incentive applications
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we. About the team
We are currently looking for qualified engineering/science co-op/interns to join our Gi3 team. Deloitte's Gi3 team is the leading innovation incentives team both in Canada and globally. We help Canadian companies become more competitive globally by advising them on business and financial strategies to access SR&ED tax credits and government incentives to support technology innovation.
- Technology, Media, & Telecom (TMT)
We are seeking Engineering/Science Co-op students with a focus in software engineering, computer science, and electrical/computer engineering disciplines to join our team.
We are seeking Engineering/Science Co-op students with a focus in mechanical, chemical and electrical engineering disciplines, and physical or life sciences to join our team. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who:
Our shared values
- Working towards an Engineering/Science/Engineering Technologist Degree in one of the following industry sectors:
- Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) - Working towards an undergraduate degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Manufacturing - Working towards an Engineering/Engineering Technologist/Science Undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical, Chemistry, Biology or Physics
- You are technically curious and interested in emerging technological developments, particularly in your area of technical focus.
- Superior verbal and written communication with creative ability to conceptualize and articulate technical solutions and activities.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams; and self-driven to work independently
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with competing deadlines and rapidly evolving client needs and conditions and experience in a technical or engineering environment is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Bilingual in English and French required for Montreal location.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by May 25, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file..
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, R&D Engineer, Computer Science, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Management and Executive